This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. Thank you for supporting Veggies Save The Day!
Salad in a Jar is an easy way to pack your lunch. Make a couple ahead of time, and you’ll be ready for lunch on the go!
Salads are one of my favorite meals to eat for lunch. They are perfect when you don’t have much time since they can be made in advance and don’t need to be heated up.
Some of my go-to lunch salads are included in Easy Healthy Vegan Recipes.
However, I’m always looking for new recipes to try. That’s why I was so excited to receive the new book Raw-Vitalize: The Easy 21-Day Raw Food Recharge by Mimi Kirk and Mia Kirk White.
But why raw food?
Take a look at the back of the book cover and check out the photo of Mimi and her daughter Mia. I bet you’ll never believe that Mimi is 78!
If that isn’t reason enough to read this book, the recipes inside it will make you feel energized and healthy.
This isn’t your typical detox.
Rather, Raw-Vitalize contains recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and snacks to get you on track with your meals.
Even if you don’t plan on adopting a raw diet, these recipes are a great compliment to the foods you already enjoy.
But I think after reading this book, you may be tempted to try the program for 21 days. I know I’m interested in experiencing better sleep, more radiant skin, and better mental clarity.
Moreover, the food looks delicious!
I love that shopping lists are included for each week, making it really easy to stay organized.
And with recipes that take 15 minutes or less, it really doesn’t get any easier!
Salad in a Jar is the perfect on-the-go lunch!
I love this salad because you can make it at night and take it with you in the morning. When you’re ready to eat, shake it up and pour it in a bowl. Voila!
Looking for more raw recipes? Check out these favorites!
Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me which recipes you’re making from the blog! Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen. In addition, you can post your photos on the Facebook page Veggies Save The Day.
Do you pack a salad in a jar? What are your favorite ingredients to use? Please let me know in the comments!
Salad in a Jar (from Raw-Vitalize)
FOR THE DRESSING
FOR THE SALAD
- 1/8 cup corn (about 1/2 ear)
- 1/8 cup chopped carrot
- 1/8 cup diced red or yellow bell pepper
- 1/8 cup cucumber peeled, seeds removed, diced cucumber
- 1/8 cup purple cabbage finely chopped or shredded
- 1/8 cup spiralized zucchini
- shredded dark leafy greens of choice to fill the rest of the jar
- FOR THE DRESSING: Place all ingredients in a small bowl, except olive oil. Slowly add olive oil, a couple drops at a time while whisking to emulsify the dressing. Once you have the emulsifying started—this will be obvious as the dressing will look creamy—you can pour the rest of the oil in a little more quickly. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- TO ASSEMBLE: In a 16-ounce mason jar, place desired amount of dressing in the bottom of the jar. Fill the jar in the order the salad ingredients are listed. Put on the lid and store in refrigerator until ready to eat or take with you on the go.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!