You only need 3 ingredients to make this easy vegan Rocky Road Bark. It makes the perfect holiday gift or Christmas treat!
I’m not much of a baker, but I enjoy making sweets around the holidays. Bark is really easy and delicious. Just spread some melted chocolate, add some toppings, then let it set before breaking it into pieces.
It’s doesn’t get much easier!
First let’s grab our supplies and ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Semi-sweet chocolate (diary-free): I prefer Enjoy Life or Trader Joe’s.
- Vegan mini marshmallows (I don’t even want to think about what those other ones are made from!) I use Dandies or Trader Joe’s.
- Roasted peanuts (I prefer 50% reduced salt)
- And if you want to give Rocky Road Bark as gifts, pick up some cellophane treat bags or wide-mouth mason jars and holiday ribbon!
If you or a loved one are allergic to peanuts, you can use any nuts you like, such as almonds, walnuts, or cashews. Or skip the nuts entirely and go with chocolate-marshmallow bark.
I also like making bark with dried fruit such as cranberries or cherries. The possibilities are endless.
By the way, the next flavor combination I want to try is peppermint marshmallows and candy canes!
Now let’s make Rocky Road Bark!
Serves 1 to 2 dozen pieces
Rocky Road Bark is easy to make with only 3 ingredients. It's perfect for a holiday gift or treat.
10 minPrep Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1-12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks (dairy-free)
- 1-10 ounce bag vegan mini marshmallows (you will need around half the bag)
- About 8 ounces (1/2 pound) roasted peanuts, reduced salt (if desired)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir well. Continue to microwave in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted. This should take less than 2 minutes, depending on your microwave. Alternately, you can melt the chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the lined baking sheet and use a spatula to spread it out. Top with the marshmallows and peanuts, adding as many as desired, and lightly pressing them into the chocolate.
- Allow to cool at room temperature until set, around 1 1/2 hours.
- Break the bark into pieces. Store the bark in an airtight container at room temperature.
The bark will stay fresh for several weeks in an airtight container at room temperature, making it perfect for gift giving.
What are your favorite bark ingredients? Please let me know in the comments!
Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me which recipes you’re making from the blog! Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen. In addition, you can post your photos on the Facebook page Veggies Save The Day.
Please note: some of the links in this blog are affiliate links, which means that I may get a commission if you decide to purchase anything from the company after you click through. I only link to products that I use and love myself.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!