Roasted Breakfast Potatoes are a classic morning side that is easy to make at home with your favorite ingredients! This recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free.
If you’re a fan of the breakfast potatoes you get in restaurants, you are going to love this recipe.
All you need to do is chop your ingredients, toss them in a little olive oil and seasoning, and throw them in the oven.
They are much healthier than the deep-fried restaurant version, but just as tasty.
I love to use small gold potatoes with onion, garlic, and red bell pepper.
But you can use whatever ingredients you prefer.
The method will still be the same.
The options are endless, but here are some suggestions:
Red potatoes instead of gold potatoes
Your favorite color of bell peppers
Your favorite type of onion
Additional vegetables such as zucchini, broccoli, or carrots
Potatoes used to get a bad rap, but they are actually very nutritious.
They are low in calories yet high in vitamins and minerals.
Potatoes contain a high amount of potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6.
And while being easy to digest and a good source of fiber, they may also help reduce inflammation and lower blood pressure.
So eat your potatoes, but skip the butter and unhealthy toppings.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy Roasted Breakfast Potatoes?
I often serve these potatoes along side Tofu Scramble.
And they are also great for lunch or dinner with burgers.
You could even add them on top of a green salad.
Want a cute mug like mine? Now you can purchase them and help support the site!
And if you’re looking for more potato recipes, these are some of my favorites:
Now let’s make Roasted Breakfast Potatoes!
Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- 2 pounds gold potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, (or use water or vegetable broth for oil-free option)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together and toss to coat.
- Spread out the ingredients on the lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour until potatoes are lightly browned and tender, tossing half way through.
Get your FREE eBook Vegan Mediterranean Diet Recipes