Roasted Breakfast Potatoes: this classic morning side is easy to make at home with your favorite ingredients!
If you’re a fan of the breakfast potatoes you get in restaurants, you are going to love this recipe. All you need to do is chop your ingredients, toss them in a little olive oil and seasoning, and throw them in the oven. They are much healthier than the deep-fried restaurant version, but just as tasty.
I love to use small gold potatoes with onion, garlic, and red bell pepper. But you can use whatever ingredients you prefer. The method will still be the same.
The options are endless, but here are some suggestions:
- Red potatoes instead of gold potatoes
- Your favorite color of bell peppers
- Your favorite type of onion
- Additional vegetables such as zucchini, broccoli, or carrots
- Additional seasoning such as Italian seasoning blend or Herbes de Provence.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy Roasted Breakfast Potatoes?
I love seeing which recipes you’re making! Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen. In addition, you can post your photos on the Facebook page Veggies Save The Day.
Looking for more potato recipes? How about Roasted Potato and Kale Tacos?
Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- 2 pounds gold potatoes cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- Olive oil for roasting (or use water or vegetable broth for oil-free option)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together and toss to coat.
- Spread out the ingredients on the lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour until potatoes are lightly browned and tender, tossing half way through.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!