Today I am sharing with you a recipe from the new Ebook by Jo Hodson of IncludingCake.com, Not Just For Goldilocks! If you’re like me, you probably start craving comforting foods when the weather gets cooler, and Jo’s book contains 58 creative porridge recipes. That’s a lot of oatmeal (and other grains and seeds)!
What I love about this book, aside from the gorgeous photos, is that there are combinations of ingredients I had never thought of using for breakfast. And all the recipes are easy to follow, perfect for the morning when time is limited.
Not only has Jo generously allowed me to share one of the recipes from the book with you, she has also offered my readers 20% off the purchase of Not Just For Goldilocks! through the end of November with code GOLDILOCKS20. Check it out here: Not Just For Goldilocks! Ebook
Pear, Carrot, and Ginger Porridge, recipe and photo courtesy of Jo Hodson
- 1/2 cups porridge oats
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- I medium carrot, grated
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1-2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. maca powder (optional)
- Add the oats, milk, carrot, and ginger to a small pan on the stove. Simmer for five minutes, then add the pear chunks and syrup. Cook for a few minutes until the carrot and pear have softened, and the oats have cooked.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the maca, if using. Serve immediately with extra syrup, if desired.