This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. Thank you for supporting Veggies Save The Day!
Raw Strawberry Mango Avocado Tacos are the perfect refreshing and easy spring or summer meal when it’s just too warm to cook. They are vegan and gluten-free.
Do you crave more raw fruit and vegetables when the weather is warm? I know I do!
During the last heat wave, instead of turning to my usual Tropical Chickpea Salad, I decided to create raw tacos using some of my favorite produce. These include strawberries, tomatoes, mango, and avocado, plus some fresh herbs.
If you’re not sure how to cut a mango, check out the video in my post for Mango Avocado Salsa to learn an easy way to do it.
Before we get started, I want to share with you a kitchen tool I have been using almost daily.
While I love using fresh herbs like basil, cilantro and mint in recipes, but sometimes it’s tricky and time-consuming to chop them.
That’s why I purchased these Herb Scissors.
All you need to do is pile up your herbs and cut them with scissors that have five blades on each side instead of one. And it even comes with a little tool to remove the cut herbs from the blades. It makes cleaning the scissors quick and easy.
I normally don’t like to have a ton of gadgets filling up my kitchen drawers, but these Herb Scissors are definitely worth owning. They make me want to add more fresh herbs to my meals because it’s just so easy!
And if you’re looking for more raw recipes, be sure to check these out:
Now let’s make Raw Strawberry Mango Avocado Tacos!
P.S. I love seeing which recipes you’re making! Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen. In addition, you can post your photos on the Facebook page Veggies Save The Day.
Raw Strawberry Mango Avocado Tacos
- Romaine lettuce leaves washed and patted dry
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp minced jalapeno pepper (or more if you want it spicy)
- 2 Tbsp minced red onion
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup strawberries halved and sliced
- 1 cup mango cubed
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 tsp fresh cilantro chopped or torn
- 1/2 tsp fresh mint chopped or torn
- Place the romaine leaves on a serving platter.
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado, jalapeno, onion, lime juice, and salt. Mash with a potato masher or the back of a fork, keeping it a little chunky.
- Spread a large dollop of the avocado mixture on each lettuce leaf.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the strawberries, mango, tomatoes, and herbs. Spoon over the avocado mixture in the lettuce leaves.