Roasted Potato and Kale Tacos are delicious and easy to make. Simply roast some seasoned potatoes, massage some kale with avocado, and add your favorite toppings!
I love tacos. Of course I eat them on Tuesdays, but I’ve been to known to eat tacos several times a week. There are so many combinations of ingredients that work well in tacos. And if you want to skip the tortillas, you can make a taco salad instead.
Have you ever tried roasted potato and kale tacos?
You don’t see potato tacos at a lot of restaurants, but they have been a favorite of mine since the first time I tried them years ago. And with the additional of massaged kale, this recipe is very healthy, not to mention delicious. Plus massaging kale is kind of fun!
Makes 8-10 tacos, depending on the size of the tortillas used.
Potato and Kale Tacos
Roasted potatoes and massaged kale come together in these delicious tacos!
- 1 pound potatoes (red, white, or yellow) cut into small chunks
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bunch kale (any variety) washed and dried, ribs removed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (1 lime)
- 1 pinch salt
- tomatoes and sliced olives (or your favorite toppings)
- 8 corn tortillas
- hot sauce for serving (My favorite is Cholula.)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Combine potatoes in a large bowl with olive oil, cumin, chili powder, oregano, and salt. Using your hands, toss to coat. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 25-30 minutes, until potatoes are tender and slightly browned, flipping them after about 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine the chopped kale and avocado in another large bowl. Massage the kale with your hands for a few minutes until the kale has reduced in volume and is tender. Add lime juice and a pinch of salt and toss kale to combine.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Build your tacos: add potatoes, kale, and your favorite toppings (such as tomatoes and sliced olives) to the tortillas, then douse with hot sauce. Enjoy!
Pin it and save for later!
What are your favorite taco fillings? Please let me know in the comments!
You may also want to try Massaged Kale Salad with Lots of Veggies if you’re looking for a similar recipe but without the tortillas.
And for even more taco recipes, check out these books devoted to the Mexican favorite:
Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me which recipes you’re making from the blog! Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen.
Please click through the Amazon banner ad or any Amazon links in my posts for all your Amazon purchases. When you place an order, it won’t cost you anything extra, and I will earn a small commission which helps me afford the groceries to develop my recipes and pay for the maintenance of this site. Thank you in advance for your consideration and support!