Vegan Potato Tacos with Massaged Kale are delicious and easy to make. Simply roast some seasoned potatoes, massage some kale with avocado, and add your favorite toppings! These tacos are naturally vegan and gluten-free.
I love tacos.
In fact, Taco Tuesday is a regular event in my house.
One thing I love about tacos is there are endless combinations of ingredients that work well in tortillas.
And if you want to skip the tortillas, you can make a taco salad instead.
I also love vegan taco soup!
But for an easy and comforting meal anytime of the week, you can’t beat Vegan Potato Tacos with Massaged Kale.
Have you ever tried vegan potato tacos?
You don’t see potato tacos at a lot of restaurants, but they have been a favorite of mine since the first time I tried them years ago.
And with the additional of massaged kale, this recipe is very healthy, not to mention delicious.
Generally I prepare the potatoes by roasting them in the oven.
First I drizzle a little olive oil on them, then I season them with salt, cumin, chili powder, and oregano.
But now that I have an air fryer, I often use it for this recipe.
Not only do the potatoes cook quicker, you can use less (or no) oil.
Do you have an air fryer?
While the potatoes are cooking, I get the kale ready.
It’s very similar to the way I prepare it when making Massaged Kale Salad.
It only takes a few minutes.
For this recipe you use your hands to massage the kale with avocado until it’s tender.
Next you add a little lime juice and salt.
Then once the potatoes are browned, it’s time to make the tacos.
This recipe makes 8-10 tacos, depending on the size of the tortillas used.
I like to top mine with sliced olives, quartered cherry tomatoes, and hot sauce.
But you can add your favorite toppings such as cilantro, extra avocado, vegan cheese, green or red onions, or chipotle cream.
The possibilities are endless!
Now let’s make Vegan Potato Tacos!
Vegan Potato Tacos with Massaged Kale
- 1 pound potatoes (red, white, or yellow) cut into small chunks
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bunch kale (any variety) washed and dried, ribs removed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (1 lime)
- 1 pinch salt
- tomatoes and sliced olives (or your favorite toppings)
- 8 corn tortillas
- hot sauce for serving (My favorite is Cholula.)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Combine potatoes in a large bowl with olive oil, cumin, chili powder, oregano, and salt. Using your hands, toss to coat. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 25-30 minutes, until potatoes are tender and slightly browned, flipping them after about 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine the chopped kale and avocado in another large bowl. Massage the kale with your hands for a few minutes until the kale has reduced in volume and is tender. Add lime juice and a pinch of salt and toss kale to combine.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Build your tacos: add potatoes, kale, and your favorite toppings (such as tomatoes and sliced olives) to the tortillas, then douse with hot sauce. Enjoy!