Pomegranate and Apple Kale Salad combines fall flavors in a healthy and hearty salad. It's perfect as a starter or a festive potluck dish. And the best part of making Pomegranate and Apple Kale Salad is that it comes together in minutes and lasts well for days in the refrigerator.
If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know how much I love massaged kale salads.
The flavor combinations are endless, and you can make kale salads savory or sweet.
This recipe falls into the latter category with the addition of pomegranate seeds and apple.
You can use any variety of apple that you like, but I prefer Pink Lady or Granny Smith in this salad.
It holds up well, so you can make it in advance and refrigerate it until ready to serve.
The festive colors are perfect for any holiday table.
Kale is extremely nutritious and can help lower cholesterol.
It's also contains very high levels of vitamin A, vitamin K, and vitamin C.
Check out this article from Healthline to learn more about the benefits of eating kale.
And since apples and pomegranate seeds are both high in dietary fiber, this salad is more filling that it looks.
Pomegranate and Apple Kale Salad is delicious with so many dishes.
I love how it adds vibrant color to the meal, too.
Now let's make Pomegranate and Apple Kale Salad!
Pomegranate and Apple Kale Salad
- 1 bunch kale, (any variety), tough ribs removed, chopped or torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 apple, chopped
- Place the kale in a medium salad bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and salt. Massage the kale with your hands until the kale is tender and reduced in size.
- Add the lime juice and maple syrup, and toss well to combine.
- Add the pomegranate seeds and apple and toss again.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Nutritional information is an estimation only.