Happy New Year!
My running friends know that my favorite post-run meal is a smoothie bowl. They are very popular these days, so you can find them at most juice bars and many cafes. But they are incredibly easy to make at home for a fraction of the price, and you can add different ingredients each time to come up with endless flavor combinations.
Today I am sharing with you my recipe to make a Pitaya Green Smoothie Bowl. Pitaya, also known as dragon fruit, can be found as smoothie packs in many grocery stores and online. The pulp is a vibrant hot pink, but the flavor is rather mild, like melon or kiwifruit.
For this reason I don’t recommend using greens like kale or dandelion that will overpower the taste of the pitaya. It will help to have a high-speed blender, such as a Vitamix, but you can always add more liquid while blending, if necessary.
Pitaya Green Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used soy milk)
- 1 Pitaya Smoothie Pack
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango
- 1 handful mild greens such as spinach or red or green leaf lettuce
- Toppings (choose as many as you like): sliced banana, berries, granola, buckwheat cereal, unsweetened shredded coconut, drizzle of agave, etc.
- Combine the milk, pitaya smoothie pack, banana, mango, and greens in a high-speed blender until well combined.
- Pour in a bowl, add you favorite toppings, and enjoy!