Who knew that making Pad Thai at home could be so easy? You’ll never need to order take out again with this simple vegan and gluten-free recipe by the talented Tess Challis.
This recipe is from Food Love: Nourishing Yourself, Your Family, and the Planet by my amazing friend Tess Challis.
Food Love is a beautiful book with over 100 delicious and healthy recipes.
And I’m not just saying that because I know her. Her recipes and tips are really wonderful.
With foreword by Victoria Moran of Main Street Vegan and gorgeous food photography by Michelle Donner, Tess makes the reader immediately feel welcome by sharing her personal story of her unhealthy childhood and her journey to wellness.
The book is divided into easily digestible sections. We learn how to use food as medicine and how to properly nourish ourselves and our families.
I particularly enjoy that she includes advice for children from her own daughter Alethea.
Tess also teaches us about the effects our choices have on the planet.
And before sharing her incredible recipes with us, she teaches readers how to set up our kitchens so that we always have the necessary ingredients on hand to make a myriad of healthy, scrumptious dishes.
But we can’t talk about Food Love without mentioning the recipes!
How refreshing does this Strawberry Lemonade Bliss look? I’ll be making this all summer.
And this Strawberry Delight Chia Pudding? You know I’m a big fan of chia pudding!
Or for something savory, check out this Pan-Fried Tofu. You can eat it with dipping sauce or add it to a stir fry with rice.
I also enjoy it with a side of Quick Marinated Sesame Asparagus.
Tess was kind enough to let me share one of the recipes from Food Love with you, and I chose the Easy Vegan Pad Thai. It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and is gluten-free.
I love that she uses ingredients in this recipe that you probably already have in your kitchen.
Doesn’t this Pad Thai look like it came from a restaurant?
Have you tried this recipe or others from Food Love? I would love to see your creations!
Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me which recipes you’re making. Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen.
And did you know that Tess has also written these books?
Now let’s make Easy Vegan Pad Thai!
Easy Vegan Pad Thai
- 16 oz brown rice noodles, the kind labeled for Pad Thai
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions, about 8 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- ½ - ¾ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup crushed peanuts
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- Lime wedges
- Prepare the noodles according to the directions on their package. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile: In a large bowl, place all of the sauce ingredients. Stir well. Add the stir-ins. Stir them in. Say “stir” a lot.
- Add the noodles to the big saucy bowl. Stir gently. Plate and serve topped with the bean sprouts and peanuts. Garnish with lime wedges for maximum Thai cuteness. This will keep, refrigerated in an airtight container, for up to five days.