Fall Kale and Quinoa Salad is hearty and perfect for the season. It combines massaged kale with quinoa, chickpeas, pomegranate seeds, apples, and pumpkin seeds. I love it for lunch or to bring to potlucks. Try Fall Kale and Quinoa Salad today!
If you enjoy hearty salads, this Fall Kale and Quinoa Salad is for you!
Plus it’s easy to make. And you can even prepare it ahead of time and refrigerate it for later.
Before we get started, there are a few special ingredients you will need. But don’t worry, they are easy to get and can be used in lots of other recipes.
- Pomegranate vinegar (If you’ve never tried it before, you are in for a treat! I love it in salad dressings.)
- Lime juice (This is my secret shortcut when I don’t have fresh limes. I always buy organic 100% juice.)
- Quinoa (This one is organic and pre-washed. Talk about a time saver!)
- Pumpkin seeds (pepitas) (These are great for salads and snacking!)
You may also like these other kale salads:
Now we’re ready to make Fall Kale and Quinoa Salad!
Kale and Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas, Pomegranate, and Apples
- 1 bunch kale any variety, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup quinoa cooked and cooled
- 1 can chickpeas (1 1/2 cups) (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 1 pomegranate seeds removed
- 1 apple cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, olive oil, and salt. Massage with your hands until kale is tender and reduced in volume.
- Add the vinegar and lime juice and toss to coat.
- Add the quinoa, chickpeas, pomegranate seeds, apples, and pumpkin seeds and toss well.
- Taste and add more vinegar, if needed.
- Enjoy right away or chill the salad in the refrigerator and serve later.
If you make Fall Kale and Quinoa Salad, or any of the other recipes on the website, I would love to see your creations!
Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday on Instagram and tag Veggies Save The Day so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen. In addition, you can post your photos on the Facebook page Veggies Save The Day.
Can you tell I’m a big fan of kale salads? Maybe I should write a kale salad cookbook!
What’s your favorite kale salad? Please let me know in the comments!