Mix up your taco game with Jackfruit & Black Bean Taco Filling! It's a delicious vegan and gluten-free recipe. Add it to corn tortillas with your favorite toppings for an easy meal any night of the week.
Thank you Gloria Ferrer for sponsoring this post. Elevate your everyday entertaining this season with Gloria Ferrer wines!
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed that Taco Tuesday is a regular event in my house. I love to try different taco recipes each week.
And now I really love this Jackfruit & Black Bean Taco Filling!
When you think of tacos, you probably think of pairing them with beer or margaritas.
But why not switch things up and offer your guests sparkling wine?
I used to think that sparkling wine was only for fancy special occasions.
In fact, whenever someone gave me a bottle for a gift, I would keep it in the refrigerator hoping for the right moment to open it.
But now I like to enjoy this fun social beverage with my favorite foods like tacos!
Gloria Ferrer sparkling wines are perfect for all occasions.
Their versatility pairs well with dishes like Jackfruit & Black Bean Taco Filling and even chips with guacamole and salsa.
And if you're new to sparkling wines, these are good ones to try first since Gloria Ferrer is California’s most awarded sparkling wine house. Gloria Ferrer has received over 500 gold medals and 50 90+ ratings in the last 5 years.
Both Blanc De Noirs and Sonoma Brut pair well with the flavors of Jackfruit & Black Bean Taco Filling.
When I make tacos for friends, I like to offer everyone a drink, then let them build their own tacos.
To accompany the Jackfruit & Black Bean Taco Filling, I put out shredded lettuce and cabbage, chopped tomatoes, and sliced green onions.
And of course you'll need cilantro, lime wedges, guacamole, salsa, and tortilla chips.
Everyone can grab some corn tortillas and build their tacos the way they like them.
Or skip the tortillas and make a taco salad!
Jackfruit & Black Bean Taco Filling is easy to make with a few simple ingredients.
First I rinse and drain a can of jackfruit in water or brine (not syrup).
I squeeze out the excess water from each chunk and use my fingers to shred them to the texture I like.
Then I lightly brown the jackfruit in a saute pan.
Meanwhile I make a sauce with chili powder, cumin, oregano and other spices.
Next the rinsed and drained black beans go into the pan along with the sauce.
Finally I stir the mixture until the sauce is thickened and the filling is heated through.
Be sure to taste it and adjust for seasonings before serving.
And that's it!
Now let's make Jackfruit & Black Bean Taco Filling!
Jackfruit & Black Bean Taco Filling
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 can jackfruit (20 ounces), in water or brine (not syrup)
- 1 can black beans (15 ounces), rinsed and drained
For the sauce:
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin seed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic, powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion, powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried Mexican oregano or any dried oregano
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch or arrowroot
- ½ cup water
- Rinse and drain the jackfruit. Take each chunk and squeeze out any excess liquid. Use your fingers to shred the jackfruit, if desired.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a saute pan. Add the jackfruit and cook until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the black beans and sauce to the pan. Stir until the filling is heated through and the sauce has thickened.
- Taste and adjust for seasonings. Serve with corn tortillas and your favorite taco toppings.
Get your FREE eBook Vegan Mediterranean Diet Recipes
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.