Indo-Chinese Corn Soup is just one of the time-saving delicious recipes from Kathy Hester’s The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook for Your Instant Pot.
Are you one of the growing number of people who own an Instant Pot? I use mine a lot, especially for cooking beans and grains. It eliminates the need for a separate pressure cooker, slow cooker, and rice cooker.
I also love it for making soup, such as Borscht with a Lemon Twist and Greens.
The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook for Your Instant Pot teaches you everything you need to know about using the electric multi-cooker. Kathy explains why you would want to use one, how to use it, and tips for troubleshooting. Her guide is much more useful than the instruction manual.
After the introduction, the book is divided into the following chapters:
Five recipes to start you out
Quick and easy homemade staples to save you money
Bean and lentil recipes that cook in half the time
Fun and delicious ways to add in more whole grains
Eat your vegetables: easy and elegant plant-based fare
Fast and comforting one-pot meals
Cook it all at the same time: layered meals with sides
Decadent and healthy desserts
Sound intriguing? Let’s try one of the recipes!
You will not believe how easy Kathy’s Indo-Chinese Corn Soup is to make. You basically throw all the ingredients in the Instant Pot, close the lid, then walk away until it’s done!
And he sure to check out some of the other amazing recipes from this book:
What do you like to make in the Instant Pot? Please let me know in the comments!
And you can Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me which recipes you’re making! Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen. In addition, you can post your photos on the Facebook page Veggies Save The Day.
Yields 4 servings
From The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook for Your Instant Pot, copyright 2017 by Kathy Hester. Used by permission of Page Street Publishing Co.
- 5 cups (1.2 L) vegetable broth (or water with a bouillon cube)
- 2 ½ cups (440 g) corn kernels
- 1 cup (128 g) minced carrot
- 1 cup (89 g) minced cabbage
- 1 Tbsp. (18 g) soy sauce
- 2 tsp. (9 g) sesame oil
- 2 tsp. (8 g) grated ginger 2 tsp (6 g) minced garlic
- 1½ tsp. (3 g) ground cumin
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Add the broth, corn, carrot, cabbage, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and cumin to your Instant Pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Blend about 3 cups (700 ml) of the soup to thicken and return to the soup. Taste, add pepper, and re-season as needed.