I like to take big, healthy salads with me to eat at work for lunch. If you’ve never tried hummus in a salad, you are in for a treat.
You can use your favorite store-bought hummus or you can make your own. I like to add all my favorite vegetables that I normally enjoy dipping in hummus. Here I used carrots, bell pepper, sugar snap peas, cucumber and tomatoes, but you could also add celery, beets, olives, mushrooms…the sky is the limit.
If you are packing your salad the night before or in the morning, keep the vinaigrette in a little jar or container and add it right before you eat. The hummus is so flavorful, you can even skip the dressing.
Add as much lettuce, vegetables, and hummus as you like. I suggest using a really large bowl, like a serving bowl. Make your Hummus Salad Bowl a big one!
Hummus Salad Bowl with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about two lemons)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mixed greens
- Carrots, sliced
- Sugar snap peas, tough strings removed
- Red bell pepper, chopped
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Cucumber, sliced
- Hummus, homemade or store-bought
- Sunflower seeds
- Put the mixed greens in a large bowl and top with the vegetables and a large scoop of hummus.
- Top with sunflower seeds and drizzle with the vinaigrette.