This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. Thank you for supporting Veggies Save The Day!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #MorningStarFarms #MakeRoomOnYourGrill
From tailgating to Meatless Mondays, it’s always the perfect time for a Guacamole Veggie Burger! They are easy to make and full of flavor. And this recipe is vegan and gluten-free.
Burgers are an American classic.
But just because you’re not eating meat doesn’t mean you have to give up your favorite foods.
These days it’s easy to find plant-based versions of just about everything.
And when it comes to enjoying burgers, the toppings are just as important as the patties.
That’s why I think you’re going to love a Guacamole Veggie Burger as much as I do!
But before we get to the guacamole and other toppings, let’s talk veggie burgers!
Recently, there are more options than ever on the market.
I’ve tried a lot of veggie burgers, and I’m really excited about my latest discovery.
Introducing the NEW MorningStar Farms Quarter Pound Veggie Burgers, delicious, perfectly crafted burgers that will fill your bun with MORE and leave you satisfied every time.
Each quarter pound burger is perfectly seasoned and packs each bite with plant based protein and tasty veggies!
And they are available at your local Walmart.
Be sure to use the Ibotta app to save even more money.
They come in two varieties:
- Meat Lovers Burger: A “beef-like” taste and texture that packs 27 grams of positive Plant Based Protein.
- Veggie Lovers Burger: A better for you burger packed with 12 different veggies, 2 seeds & 2 grains, plus 10 grams of Plant Based Protein.
I chose the Veggie Lovers Burger because it doesn’t contain gluten. And I love all the vegetables it contains.
MorningStar Farms® is a perfect, healthier meal solution for any occasion.
Whether it’s meatless Monday, a summer barbeque, or kicking off football season, MorningStar Farms® has options that everyone will love, and now with no artificial ingredients, made with non GMO soy, and vegan options.
Guacamole Veggie Burgers are perfect for grilling.
I love how the Veggie Lovers Burgers cook up perfectly without falling apart or getting stuck to the grill.
And all you need to do is take the frozen patties out of the package and throw them on the barbecue over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
Backyard entertaining doesn’t get any easier!
But don’t worry if you don’t have a grill.
You can also prepare them in a skillet or in the oven.
Making Guacamole Veggie Burgers is easy.
I like to add a slice of vegan cheese when I flip the burger so it gets nice and melted.
Any flavor will work, but I went with the classic American-style vegan cheese.
I also like to toast the bun on the grill, especially since I use gluten-free which tends to taste better toasted.
After the burger is done cooking, it’s time to load it up with toppings.
When serving a crowd at a summer barbecue or tailgating on game night, I like to set out different options and let my guests build their own Guacamole Veggie Burger.
My favorite way to make mine is to start with a little vegan mayo on the bottom bun.
Then I add some sliced red onion and crisp lettuce.
Next I add the Veggie Lovers Burger with melted vegan cheese.
A slice of juicy tomato follows.
And then the piece de resistance, a generous dollop of homemade guacamole!
Enjoy your Guacamole Veggie Burger with a variety of side dishes.
And since all of these sides can be made advance, you’ll have more time to spend with friends and family.
Any way you serve them, there’s no need for your vegan, vegetarian, or health-conscious friends to feel left out at social events when you can make them a Guacamole Veggie Burger!
The MorningStar Farms Burger Bar Truck will be driving around to visit Walmart stores around the country. Click below to see if they are coming to a Walmart near you!
Now let’s make Guacamole Veggie Burgers!
Guacamole Veggie Burger (Vegan)
For the Guacamole:
- 2 avocados
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro chopped
- salt to taste
For the Veggie Burgers:
- 4 MorningStar® Farms Veggie Lovers Burgers
- 4 slices vegan cheese
- 4 hamburger buns (vegan and gluten-free)
- toppings such as lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes, sliced onions, and vegan mayo
- Place the ingredients for the Guacamole in a small bowl. Mash with a fork until combined. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Meanwhile, place the MorningStar® Farms Veggie Lovers Burgers on a grill over medium heat and close the lid.
- After about 5 minutes when the tops of the burgers are warm, flip them over and add a slice of vegan cheese to each. Add the buns cut side down to the grill to warm. Close the lid.
- Check the burgers and buns after a few minutes. Remove them when they are heated through and the vegan cheese is melted.
- Serve the burgers with your desired toppings on the buns and a generous dollop of Guacamole. Enjoy immediately.