Did you know that February 4 is National Stuffed Mushrooms Day? This recipe for Easy Soyrizo Stuffed Mushrooms is perfect for any occasion that calls for appetizers or finger foods. You only need a few ingredients, and you can make them in under an hour.
These stuffed mushrooms would be perfect for Superbowl Sunday. You can serve them with tortilla chips and Pomegranate Guacamole, and you’ll have yourself a festive spread.
If you’re not familiar with soyrizo, it has the flavor of chorizo but is plant-based and much healthier. You can find it in many grocery stores. I like the one sold at Trader Joe’s, and it’s only $1.99 for a 12 ounce package. If you end up with leftover filling, try adding the soyrizo mixture to tacos or a burrito bowl.
Easy Soyrizo Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 button mushrooms (cremini or white), cleaned and stems removed
- Olive oil for sauteing
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 12-ounce package soyrizo
- Shredded cheese for topping, optional (I used Follow Your Heart vegan cheese.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the mushroom caps on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute the onions for a few minutes until softened. Add the soyrizo and cook until heated through.
- Using a teaspoon, fill the mushroom caps with the soyrizo mixture. Top with a little cheese, if using.
- Bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy mushrooms? Please let me know in the comments!
Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me which recipes you’re making from the blog! Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen.
Please click through the Amazon banner ad or any Amazon links in my posts for all your Amazon purchases. When you place an order, it won’t cost you anything extra, and I will earn a small commission which helps me afford the groceries to develop my recipes and pay for the maintenance of this site. Thank you in advance for your consideration and support!