Vegan Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms are perfect for any occasion that calls for appetizers or finger foods. You only need a few ingredients, and they’re ready in under an hour. And they’re vegan and gluten free.
Vegan Chorizo, otherwise known as Soyrizo, has the flavor of chorizo but is plant-based and much healthier.
You can find it in many large grocery stores.
I like the one sold at Trader Joe’s, and it’s only $1.99 for a 12 ounce package.
But don’t worry if you can’t find it near you, because you can make your own homemade vegan chorizo.
If you end up with leftover filling, or you’re interested in trying more recipes using vegan chorizo, I recommend making Soyrizo Potato Tacos.
Vegan Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms are an easy starter that everyone will love.
I’ve served them as part of my Thanksgiving menu, and the were a big hit.
Vegan Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms are simple to make in under an hour.
You can use either white button mushrooms or cremini (baby portobello) mushrooms.
First you remove the stems from the mushrooms.
Then you fill the cavities with a mixture of sauteed onion and vegan chorizo.
I like to add a little shredded vegan cheese on top if I have it, but they taste great without it, too.
Finally pop the mushrooms in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, then serve!
Now let’s make Vegan Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms!
Vegan Chorizo Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 button mushrooms (cremini or white) cleaned and stems removed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 12 ounces vegan chorizo (soyrizo)
- shredded vegan cheese for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the mushroom caps on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute the onions for a few minutes until softened. Add the vegan chorizo and cook until heated through.
- Using a teaspoon, fill the mushroom caps with the vegan chorizo mixture. Top with a little vegan cheese, if using.
- Bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes.