Chickpea Guacamole Tacos are easy to make in under 30 minutes. They’re vegan, gluten-free, and delicious!
In my house, we enjoy tacos at least once a week, usually on Tuesdays. Are you the same way?
I like to mix things up and have an ever-growing arsenal of taco recipes.
These Chickpea Guacamole Tacos is one of my favorites.
You may have made roasted garbanzo beans in the oven, like for Roasted Chickpea Fattoush Salad. But you can also skip the oven and saute them in a pan with herbs and spices.
You’ll get a very similar result, but you’ll save some time. And when the weather is warm, I try to avoid turning on my oven.
Or if you have an air fryer, you can really make them quickly!
Anyway, feel free to use whichever method you prefer to roast your chickpeas.
This recipe for Chickpea and Guacamole Tacos builds on my Guacamole In A Hurry recipe. So make sure you have those ingredients (avocados, lemon juice, hot sauce, and salt) on hand.
Or you can use one of these 10 Guacamole Recipes!
I kept the tacos simple and topped them with cilantro and Cholula hot sauce, but you could also add chopped tomatoes, sliced olives or radishes, or whatever you like.
And if you’re a cilantro hater, feel free to omit it.
Or if you want to top your tacos with salsa, here are 7 Easy Homemade Salsa Recipes.
If you make Chickpea Guacamole Tacos, I would love to see your creation!
Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me which recipes you’re making from the blog! Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen. In addition, you can post your photos on the Facebook page Veggies Save The Day.
Now it’s time to make Chickpea Guacamole Tacos!
Chickpea Guacamole Tacos
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 recipe Guacamole in a Hurry
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained (14-15 ounces, or 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- hot sauce (optional) for topping
- fresh cilantro (optional) for topping
- lime wedges (optional) for serving
- Heat the tortillas one at a time on the stove. Set aside and keep warm. I use this Tortilla Warmer
- Put the chickpeas in a bowl and add the spices. Toss well to combine.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chickpeas and cook until hot and slightly crunchy on the outside, 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Divide the guacamole among the tortillas, then top with the chickpeas.
- Add cilantro and hot sauce, if using, and any other toppings desired.
- Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!
What are your favorite tacos? Please let me know in the comments!