Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Salad is one of my favorite meals. First I bake spicy coated cauliflower florets in the oven. Then I add them to a salad with carrots, celery, radishes, and olives. Finally, I top everything with some non-dairy ranch dressing for a delicious and filling Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Salad!
I’m sure you’ve heard of buffalo wings, but have you tried buffalo cauliflower? Talk about a wonderful plant-based alternative! Traditionally this dish is served with blue cheese dressing, but I’m partial to ranch. Either way, this cauliflower is delicious!
I like taking the buffalo cauliflower and adding it to a salad for a satisfying and healthy meal.
I first tried making cauliflower “wings” using the recipe from The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook. After a few times, I modified the recipe a little and starting serving it with ranch dressing. Then after trying the cauliflower bites in a salad, I was hooked! Now it’s one of my favorite easy meals.
In order to make the cauliflower, only a few ingredients are needed:
- A head of cauliflower, separated into bite-size florets
- Chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
- Garlic powder
- Non-dairy milk (I prefer unsweetened organic soy milk)
- Hot sauce (I recommend Frank’s Red Hot Original)
And that’s it! You don’t even need oil. And you won’t believe how easy it is to make!
And now it’s time to make Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Salad!
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Salad
For the Buffalo Cauliflower:
For the salad:
- 1 head Romaine lettuce (or your favorite variety) torn or chopped into bite-size pieces
- your favorite vegetable toppings such as sliced carrots, sliced celery, sliced radishes and black olives
- Ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing (I used Daiya Homestyle Ranch)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpea flour, garlic powder, and non-dairy milk. Mix well to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip each cauliflower floret in the chickpea flour batter. Shake to remove excess and place each piece on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cauliflower for 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove the tray from the oven and pour the hot sauce over the cauliflower, making sure each piece is covered with the desired amount of sauce.
- Return the tray to the oven and bake for 10 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Prepare your salads in individual bowls by adding the lettuce and vegetables.
- Top each salad with some buffalo cauliflower bites.
- Add some salad dressing and enjoy immediately.
If you’re a fan of buffalo, you may also enjoy trying Buffalo Ranch Chickpea Taco Salad.
Or for another way to enjoy cauliflower, check out the recipe for Roasted Cauliflower with Jalapeno and Lime.
I hope you enjoy these recipes! Please leave me a comment and let me know if you try them.
Don’t forget to pin it for later!
Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me which recipes you’re making from the blog! Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen. In addition, you can post your photos on the Facebook page Veggies Save The Day.
Please note: some of the links in this blog are affiliate links, which means that I may get a commission if you decide to purchase anything from the company after you click through. I only link to products that I use and love myself.