Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Salad turns the popular appetizer into a healthy meal. It's naturally vegan, gluten-free, and easy to make in about 45 minutes.
I'm sure you've heard of buffalo wings, but have you tried buffalo cauliflower?
Talk about a wonderful plant-based alternative!
It's no wonder it's seen on so many restaurant menus these days.
Traditionally, buffalo cauliflower is served with blue cheese dressing, but I'm partial to ranch.
I love the combination of spicy hot sauce with cooling ranch, like in one of my favorite salads Buffalo Ranch Chickpea Taco Salad.
But anyway you choose to serve it, Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Salad is delicious!
I took my favorite buffalo cauliflower bites and added them to a salad for a satisfying and healthy meal.
For Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Salad, first I bake spicy coated cauliflower florets in the oven.
Then I add them to a salad with carrots, celery, radishes, and olives.
Finally, I top everything with some non-dairy ranch dressing for a delicious and filling main-dish salad.
Sometimes I use store-bought dressing, but if I have time, I love making homemade Cashew Ranch Dressing.
I first tried making cauliflower "wings" using the recipe from The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook.
After a few times, I modified the recipe a little and starting serving it with ranch dressing.
Then after trying the cauliflower bites in a salad, I was hooked!
Now it's one of my favorite easy meals.
In order to make the Buffalo Cauliflower Bites, only a few ingredients are needed.
A head of cauliflower, separated into bite-size florets
Non-dairy milk (I prefer unsweetened organic soy milk)
Hot sauce (I recommend Frank's Red Hot Original)
And that's it!
You don't even need oil.
And you won't believe how easy it is to make!
Top Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Salad with your favorite veggies and make it your own!
As I mentioned, my favorite additions to this big salad are carrots, celery, radishes, and black olives.
But you can customize it with your preferences.
Other options include cherry tomatoes, avocado, and corn.
Or boost it with some beans such as chickpeas or black beans for extra protein and fiber.
You can also try it with other salad dressings such as Vegan Green Goddess Dressing.
And now it's time to make Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Salad!
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Salad
For the Buffalo Cauliflower:
For the salad:
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, (or your favorite variety) torn or chopped into bite-size pieces
- your favorite vegetable toppings, such as sliced carrots, sliced celery, sliced radishes and black olives
- Ranch dressing, or blue cheese dressing (I used Daiya Homestyle Ranch)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpea flour, garlic powder, and non-dairy milk. Mix well to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip each cauliflower floret in the chickpea flour batter. Shake to remove excess and place each piece on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cauliflower for 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove the tray from the oven and pour the hot sauce over the cauliflower, making sure each piece is covered with the desired amount of sauce.
- Return the tray to the oven and bake for 10 minutes longer. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Prepare your salads in individual bowls by adding the lettuce and vegetables.
- Top each salad with some buffalo cauliflower bites.
- Add some salad dressing and enjoy immediately.
Nutritional information is an estimation only.
Want to learn the 5 Secrets to Cooking the Vegan Mediterranean Diet Way? Join the the FREE 5-day mini course and get the secrets delivered to your inbox.