This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. Thank you for supporting Veggies Save The Day!
Veggie and Brown Rice Stir Fry is easy to make in about 20 minutes. You can customize this recipe to suit your tastes. It’s nut-free and vegan and can be made gluten-free. Brown Rice Stir Fry is one of many delicious recipe from The Simply Vegan Cookbook by Dustin Harder.
I love stir fry!
I make it at least once a week.
If you’ve never made it yourself, or you’re looking for a new recipe to try, this is a great one to start with.
(And be sure to enter the giveaway at the end of this post to win your own copy of The Simply Vegan Cookbook!)
You may be familiar with Dustin Harder’s popular culinary travel series The Vegan Roadie on YouTube.
I was really excited when I heard that he was coming out with a cookbook that utilizes ingredients that are accessible to everyone. I was able to purchase everything needed to make Veggie and Brown Rice Stir Fry at my local supermarket.
And the recipes are easy to make, usually in 30 minutes or less.
One thing I love about The Simply Vegan Cookbook is the way the recipes are organized.
Instead of chapters grouped by meal, such as breakfast, main dishes, and desserts, this book is organized by ingredients.
These are the chapters:
- Vegan Made Easy
- Broccoli & Cauliflower
- Root Vegetables
- Simple Sweets
- Kitchen Staples
Veggie and Brown Rice Stir Fry is included in the chapter on Grains in the Simply Vegan Cookbook.
Dustin also includes staple vegan recipes such as Taco Seasoning, Sour Cream, Easy Cheese Sauce, Fast Feta, and Walnut Parmesan. He shows how easy it is to make these at home, so you’ll won’t need to find them at a specialty store.
And in addition to the 150 recipes in this book, each one has two variations, so you really get 450 recipes!
You’ll want to add Veggie and Brown Rice Stir Fry to your weekly menu.
You only need a handful of ingredients to make the sauce, and you may already have them all in your kitchen.
And you can use whatever vegetables are your favorites if you don’t like the ones here. It’s also a great way to use up whatever produce you have left in your refrigerator at the end of the week.
In addition, if you want to serve your friends and family a restaurant-style meal, this stir fry goes really well with these other easy recipes:
- Peanut Sauce Tofu
- Air Fryer Orange Tofu
- Vegan Lettuce Wraps
- Chickpea Stir Fry
- Mango Tofu Summer Rolls & Spicy Peanut Sauce
Now let’s make Veggie and Brown Rice Stir Fry from The Simply Vegan Cookbook!
Veggie and Brown Rice Stir Fry
FOR THE SAUCE
FOR THE STIR-FRY
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion cut into large chunks
- 3 cups bite-size broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 8-ounce package baby bella or white button mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- To make the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients.
- To make the stir-fry: In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the red onion, broccoli, bell pepper, and mushrooms and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes, until the vegetables reduce slightly in size and the broccoli is bright green.
- Quickly give your sauce mixture another whisk, being sure to scrape up any settled cornstarch from the bottom of the bowl. Reduce the heat to medium and slowly stir the cornstarch mixture into the vegetables to avoid spattering. Cook for 2 minutes, or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Divide the rice among 4 bowls and top with the stir-fried veggies.