Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding is a delicious breakfast, snack, or dessert. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and really easy to make without refined sugar. This recipe originally appeared on Cowgirls and Collard Greens.
I love fresh berries.
Berries are high in antioxidants and polyphenols that help fight chronic disease.
And they are really delicious!
Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding features two of my favorite fruits, blueberries and blackberries.
When purchasing berries, it’s best to choose organic since the conventional fruit is grown with hundreds of pesticides. You can learn more by visiting Environmental Working Group’s site.
And if you prefer other varieties of berries, feel free to use them instead. Raspberries or strawberries would also be delicious.
Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding is incredibly easy to make.
All you need to do is stir chia seeds into a liquid of your choice, then let it set in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
The flavor choices are endless.
And chia is very nutritious. It’s high in healthy omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fiber, calcium, and magnesium.
Now let’s make Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding!
Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding
- In a high speed blender, blend the dates, berries, and non-dairy milk until very smooth.
- In a medium bowl, add the liquid from the blender to the chia seeds.
- Stir well, and continue stirring every few minutes for about 15 minutes.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight.
- Just before serving, stir again, then top with fruit.