Apple Peanut Butter Snacks are the perfect healthy treat for kids and adults alike! Have some fun and dress them up for special occasions like Valentine’s Day. Apple Peanut Butter Snacks are sure to put a smile on your face and make your body happy.
Are you a peanut butter lover? I know I am! I love it in green smoothies. And also in a sauce with noodles. I may also enjoy it straight off the spoon on occasion, especially with chocolate chips. (Don’t judge me!)
But one of my all-time favorite ways to eat peanut butter is slathered on apple slices. Celery is good, but there’s just something about apples!
Recently I purchased these cute heart cookie cutters, thinking I would make some treats for Valentine’s Day. Then it occurred to me that I could use them on lots of different foods, not just cookies and sweets. So I decided to try them on slices of apples.
Since they are metal, they easily cut through the thick pieces of apple. And who doesn’t like heart-shaped food?
And now I’m sharing my Apple Peanut Butter Snacks with you!
Well, you’ll probably have to make your own, but you know what I mean.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Apples (I used Fuji and Pink Lady, but you can use your favorite variety. Pink Pearl would be especially pretty!)
- Peanut Butter (I like Laura Scudder’s.)
- Mini chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life Mini Chips which are vegan, gluten free, and soy free.)
- Heart cookie cutters
The rest is up to your imagination! You can make the hearts whatever size you like and decorate them in all different ways.
Apple Peanut Butter Snacks
- Lemon juice
- Peanut butter
- Mini chocolate chips
- Small metal cookie cutters in your favorite shapes such as hearts
- Prepare a large bowl of water with a few tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Slice the apples lengthwise. Add the slices to the lemon water to prevent browning until ready to use.
- Remove an apple slice from the lemon water and pat dry with a paper or cloth towel. Use the cookie cutters to cut into hearts.
- Spread peanut butter on the apple slice and top with chocolate chips, as desired.
Which design is your favorite?
Don’t forget to pin it for later!
Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me which recipes you’re making from the blog! Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen. In addition, you can post your photos on the Facebook page Veggies Save The Day.