This Vanilla Green Smoothie is perfect for breakfast or a post-workout recovery drink. It’s easy to make with only a few ingredients.
Enjoying green smoothies is a great way to increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables. I prefer smoothies over juices because of the fiber. The blender starts to break it down for you so that it’s easily digestible.
I often start my morning with a smoothie. And having a smoothie or smoothie bowl is my favorite post-run meal.
This Vanilla Green Smoothie combines your favorite vanilla protein powder with bananas, kale, and water.
It’s hydrating as well as nutritious. I like mine topped with some raw cacao nibs for a healthy chocolaty treat. You can easily swap out the kale for other greens, if you prefer.
Vanilla Green Smoothie
This Vanilla Green Smoothie is perfect for after workouts.
- 2 cups cold filtered water
- 1 handful fresh greens such as kale or spinach
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 3 frozen bananas
- raw cacao nibs for topping (optional)
- Add the water, greens, protein powder, and bananas to a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix. Blend on high until well combined.
- Pour into glasses, top with cacao nibs (if using) and enjoy!
What is your favorite green smoothie recipe? Please let me know in the comments!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!
Follow Veggies Save The Day on Instagram and show me which recipes you’re making from the blog! Use the hashtag #veggiessavetheday and tag me so I don’t miss seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen. In addition, you can post your photos on the Facebook page Veggies Save The Day.