Air Fryer Green Beans are simple to prepare in under 15 minutes. Cooked with fresh garlic, they're tender, but never mushy. Finish them with a squeeze of lemon for a fresh burst of flavor.
But using an air fryer to prepare them eliminates the need for this extra step. And since you can check their progress as they cook, they come out tender yet crisp.
Seasoned with fresh garlic and lemon, this recipe for Air Fryer Green Beans is sure to become one of your favorite green bean recipes.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It's simple, yet flavorful, and easy to make in under 15 minutes.
- The garlic and lemon complement rather than overpower the fresh green beans.
- It pairs well with a variety of dishes and cuisines.
Fresh green beans: While you can use frozen green beans in this recipe and cook them longer, I recommend fresh for better texture.
For the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions, please see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
😋 FREE Instant Flavor Guide!
No more boring meals for you!
Toss the trimmed green beans and minced garlic with the olive oil so the vegetables are well coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Air fry, tossing halfway through, until the green beans are cooked. Serve them with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
For best results, do not crowd the air fryer basket or tray. If you want to make more than 8 ounces of green beans, cook the beans in batches. Keep the earlier batches warm by transferring them to a plate and covering them aluminum foil, or placing them in a container with a lid.
Enjoy these air fryer green beans as a side dish with all your favorite recipes.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Enjoy cold or reheated.
Love air frying?
Whether you are new to using this handy appliance or experienced and looking for more recipes, check out my recommendations for the best air fryer cookbooks for vegans.
You can use either a basket-style air fryer or a convection-oven air fryer. As each style and model varies when it comes to cooking times and temperatures, be sure to read the manufacturer's instructions.
Yes, and you can use this recipe as a starting point to prepare asparagus, sliced bell peppers, broccoli florets, and other vegetables. Start with less time and check part way through cooking so you don't overcook them.
Green beans should retain some of their crunch and bright green color when cooked rather than being mushy and grayish. You'll know they are done when they are tender when pierced with a fork while still remaining crispy.
More vegan green bean recipes
And for even more recipes, join the Vegan Mediterranean Diet Recipes Facebook group for support, inspiration & fun!
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! ★★★★★
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed (½ pound)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh lemon juice, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the green beans and garlic with the olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste, so that everything is well coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the basket or tray of an air fryer. Air fry at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the green beans reach your desired level of doneness, shaking or tossing halfway through.
- Transfer the green beans to a serving plate. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over them and serve warm or at room temperature.
Want to save this recipe?
Nutritional information is an estimation only.
Originally published 1/21/2019, this recipe has been updated for improved flavor.