Have you ever watched the show Chopped on Food Network? It’s the one where chefs are given a basket of ingredients and must impress the judges with their culinary creativity or face being “chopped” and eliminated from the round.
This week I had the pleasure of participating in something similar called the Vegan Mystery Box Challenge. 20 bloggers were given a virtual box of ingredients to use to create a new recipe: cranberries, pistachios, and coconut milk.
I love cranberries and pistachios together, and I was inspired by a salad I regularly order at my local Thai restaurant that includes cranberries and sliced mango. I hope you enjoy what I came up with for the Vegan Mystery Box Challenge. And be sure to check out all the other creative recipes my fellow bloggers made by clicking on the recipe links listed below.
Cranberry, Pistachio, and Mango Salad with Coconut-Peanut Butter Dressing
- 1/2 cup boxed coconut milk beverage
- 3 Tbsp. creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 1/4 tsp. agave (or pure maple syrup)
- 1 bag (5 oz.) spring mix lettuces (or your favorite lettuce)
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, unsalted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- To make the dressing, combine the coconut milk beverage, peanut butter, tamari, lime juice, sriracha, and agave in a high-speed blender, such as a Vitamix. Transfer the dressing to a jar or squeeze bottle and refrigerate until chilled.
- Divide the lettuce among four salad plates or bowls and top equally with sliced mango, pistachios, and cranberries. Drizzle dressing over each salad and serve immediately.
Check out all the other recipes:
Vegan Cranberry Pistachio Loaf by It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken
Magic Fruit Cake Bars with White Chocolate Drizzle by One Ingredient Chef
Cranberry Cheesecake & Pistachio Stuffed Vegan French Toast by Connoisseurus Veg
Pistachio Crusted Cranberry Cashew Coconut Cheese by Lemon and Coconut
Cranberry Cointreau Coconut Ice Cream with Candied Pistachios by Vegan Yack Attack
Cranberry Pistachio Donuts by Two City Vegans (Casey)
Cranberry Pistachio Gingersnap Truffles by Two City Vegans (Alix)
Warm Barley Bowl with Roasted Brussels, Sweet Potatoes and a Coconut Curry Dressing by Taste Space
Whole Wheat Cranberry Pistachio Vegan Biscotti by Veggie Inspired Journey
Coconut Pistachio Cashew Cheese Panini with Cranberry Jam by Peppers and Peaches
Toasted Pistachio Rice Pudding with Candied Cranberries by The Lazy Vegan Baker
Pistachio and Cranberry Cream Sandwich Cookies by Love Me Feed Me
Vegan Meringue Nests with Cranberry Coconut Whip and Crushed Pistachios by The Viet Vegan
Vegan Coconut Quinoa Salad by Beets Not Meats
Cranberry Orange & Pistachio Muffins With Vanilla Cream by A Virtual Vegan
Gourmet Lazy Cabbage Rolls by Choose to Cook
Sweet Potato Coconut Curry with Cranberries and Pistachios by The Tofu Diaries
Lebanese Semolina Pudding (Layali Lubnan) by Lands and Flavors
Vegan Chocolate Cranberry Cake by The Seasonal Diet